Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love and Forgiveness

I got into an interesting conversation before Christmas with a couple of workers that were hired to do a special project at the hospital. I knew these guys from other dealings with them but they really never wanted to talk much. This day was different. One wanted to talk deep. I was just making small talk asking about why Zambians are afraid of chameleons and that began a conversation that took many different directions, went pretty deep spiritually and lasted for an hour and a half. His questions ranged from why do people do bad things? Why doesn't God make people love Him and do good things? Why is there evil? I tried to answer these in that best way I knew how, telling him that God gives us free choice to choose to love Him and do right. He was thinking; He kept asking questions. Then the conversation went to forgiveness. How does that work? Some people get forgiven and then continue doing bad things? I told him Jesus forgives and then says to us come on I will help you live better. We talked about forgiveness a lot. He basically told me all the bad things he ever did. The list was extensive, but I kept telling him how much God loved him and would forgive him and help him to do right. My prayer for him is that God would wrap His arms around him and never let him go. That this man would surrender his life to God who loves and forgives. I have not seen this man since but, I have been praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment